When you want to have your own transplant, you have to choose the right hair transplant surgeon, and it takes a bit of time to find one.But there are a number of reputable hair transplant centers in the U.S. That's not to say there aren't any out there, but it can be a bit tricky.There are a few reasons why hair transplans are so expensive.But if you're considering it, you'll want to know where to...
Chicago, Illinois – A man in his 70s who underwent hair transplanted into his scalp for years has been in a coma and unable to speak.
The man had his hair transplated from his own scalp in 2013 after undergoing a procedure at a hair transplant clinic, but the hair grew back in his scalp.
In March, a judge ruled that the man, who has not been named, cannot sue the clinic or the hospital that performed the hair transplant for negligence.
“He has lost his voice, he has lost all the function of his brain, and he has had difficulty breathing,” Dr. Paul Mavromatis, a transplant surgeon and professor at Northwestern University, told The Irish News.
“The only thing he can do is to go home and die.”
The court’s ruling says the hair had to be transplanted in a surgical procedure, so there is no dispute about whether it was a surgical treatment.
But the decision has left a lot of unanswered questions, including what happened to the man’s hair before and after the surgery, how he will be able to speak and eat, and whether he will ever be able see again.
The case came to light after a woman, who asked not to be identified, filed a complaint with the Chicago Medical Examiner’s Office about the incident.
A Chicago-area transplant surgeon who performed the operation, Dr. Mavrofi, told the Chicago Sun-Times that he would not be able talk about the case publicly because he does not have an attorney.
Mavroti told the newspaper that the woman was a good witness and the hospital had been cooperative with his investigation.
Dr. Mafreza, who performed his own transplant, said that in the past, he had had a good relationship with the woman.
But Mavramatis told the AP that the case has put him in a bad spot.
He said he is concerned about what happens if the case goes to court and if a judge rules the woman is wrongfully killed.
His surgery in 2013 took place at a clinic in the South Side.
On Monday, Mavropatis said he has been contacted by the woman’s daughter who was present at the surgery.
She told the Sun-times that her mother suffered a seizure and had difficulty speaking for about five days after the procedure.
The hospital said that it was working with the medical examiner’s office to determine what happened.